Why Does the Indoor Environment Matter?
Homes should be a safe shelter, a place for gathering and living well, not a cause of illness and disease. But health care and environmental professionals tell us another story: homes can be unsafe, and even toxic, depending on the materials, building practices, and activities in the home.
How Can We Be of Service?
As a tribally-led coalition, our goal is to find and share solutions for healthy, sustainable housing. Examples of our services include:
- Bringing Circuit-Rider Training to your reservation or tribal community.
- Providing Educational Webinars targeted to specific professionals in your tribe (housing, health, environment).
- Connecting your tribe with organizations, such as the Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals, to learn how, why and when to use Indoor Air Monitoring Equipment (and connecting you with those who may have equipment to loan you).
- Helping your tribe develop a customized Healthy Home Checklist for residents.
- Providing Culturally-Relevant Educational Materials for target audiences, such as youth, asthma patients, or your tribal councils.
- Connecting you with national trainers who provide Certified Healthy Home Courses, such as the National Center for Healthy Homes.
- Connecting you with tribes that have experience implementing an Asthma Home Visit Program.
- Connecting you with tribes that have implemented and learned from a Weatherization + Health program.