Why Does the Indoor Environment Matter?
Homes should be a safe shelter, a place for gathering and living well, not a cause of illness and disease. But health care and environmental professionals tell us another story: homes can be unsafe, and even toxic, depending on the materials, building practices, and activities in the home.
As a tribally-led coalition, our goal is to find and share solutions for healthy, sustainable, and safe housing.
We search for and help develop effective programs, and share our results with tribes. We call for support from our partners, including EPA, HUD, USDA, Indian Health Service, and the American Lung Association, to provide expertise, equipment or funding.
How Can We Be of Service?
- Bringing training directly to your staff and tribal community with our on-site Circuit-Rider program.
- Providing support for your specific tribal needs with Technical Assistance.
- Linking your department with others who can help your program achieve its goals.
- Providing Culturally-Relevant Educational Materials for your community.
- Connecting your tribe with access to Indoor Air Monitoring Equipment.
- Connecting your tribe to Funding Opportunities.
- Conducting pilot and demonstration projects in your community with our Research-to-Practice Program.
- Connecting you with tribes that are implementing a Mold and Moisture Program.