The Tribal Healthy Homes Network, in partnership with the Tulalip Tribes and HUD’s NW Office of Native American Programs, is pleased to bring you this five-part video series with award-winning building science professionals. Our trainers include Tom Balderston (Green Builder, Designer and Contractor) and THHN’s Technical Advisor, Aileen Gagney (Architect, General Contractor and Healthy Homes Professional).
In this five-part video series, the three hour training covers general building science, followed by a deep dive into prevention strategies for crawlspace, walls and house interior, and attic and roof. Best practices covered in the videos include flashing, insulation, ventilation, and air sealing, assessment, and containment. Through this training, participants will be better equipped to:
- Prevent water damage and subsequent mold
- Improve durability of housing units
- Increase resident comfort and health conditions
- Reduce rehabilitation costs
- Reduce resident’s utility costs
- Decrease repair workload through preventative maintenance